The Institute was founded in April, 1951. The basic themes of research are connected with the creation and development of chemical technologies for the processing of uranium and rare-metal ores and production of nuclear-pure structural materials.
ARRICT carries out a complete cycle of scientific research and development works aimed at creating profitable highly effective technologies for the production of uranium and nuclear-pure metals (lithium, beryllium, zirconium, hafnium, tantalum, niobium, etc.) for atomic industry and other branches of industry.
The Institute’s technologies became a production cycle base for the greatest hydro-metallurgical plants in our country and abroad. Basic uranium technologies are adapted for processing gold-bearing, molybdenum, tungsten and other ores.
Basic directions of research
- Evaluation of the quality of raw materials (uranium, thorium, rare and rare—earth metals, gold, silver, platinum-group metals) with identification of the commercial types of ores.
- Methods and means of ore preparation and the concentration of uranium-containing complex ores, rare-earth and trase elements ores.
- nvestigation of processes of leaching and solid-liquid separation for ores and concentrates of rare, non-ferrous and precious metals.
- Development of technologies for in-situ and heap leaching of uranium and other metals.
- Investigations, development of technologies, equipment and materials for the sorption and solvent extraction recovery of metals from ore pulps and heap and underground leaching solutions.
- Chemistry and technology of the production of fluorine and fluorides of uranium, rare, trace and radioactive elements, the handling of depleted uranium hexafluoride.
- Creation of scientific and technical bases and technologies for the production of fluorine-containing ozone-safe chladons using depleted uranium hexafluoride.
- Development of technologies for the production of nanopowders of ceramic-grade uranium oxide.
- Development of technologies for the production of nuclear-pure metals (lithium, beryllium, zirconium, tantalum, niobium, hafnium, rare-earth elements), their compounds, powders and alloying compositions.
- State-of-the-art physicochemical methods for the treatment of liquid, solid and gaseous wastes of uranium, rare and rare-earth metal production processes, as well as heat-power engineering, electroplating and other process wastes.
- Production of super-pure materials (fibres, special glasses, coatings) for fibre optics and microelectronics.
- Development of technologies, equipment and production of pilot batches of super-pure substances (monogerman, silicon tetrafluoride) for microelectronics and solar energetics.
- Analysis and monitoring of the products of processing radioactive raw materials (uranium, thorium, nuclear-pure metals and technological products), rare metal raw materials and environmental objects (natural water, sewage and industrial effluents, soils, grounds, mineral wastes, biological products).
- Accounting and control of radioactive substances and radioactive wastes in the Russian Federation.
- Environmental protection.