Environmental policy is part of the general policy in the field of environmental protection, labor protection and industrial safety. The production activities of the institute in the field of environmental protection are carried out in accordance with the updated environmental policy (see Environmental Policy 2016.pdf), which takes into account the directions of the research work of the institute and their possible impact on the environment and is implemented in accordance with the goals and basic principles of the Environmental policies of the State Corporation Rosatom.
The goal of the Environmental Policy of JSC “VNIIKhT” is to ensure sustainable environmentally oriented development of the institute, which complies with the requirements of regulatory legal acts regulating relations and activities in the field of environmental protection and ensuring environmental safety.
When planning and implementing the environmental policy, JSC “VNIIKhT” will follow the following basic principles:
– the principle of combining environmental, economic and social interests, taking into account the presumption of environmental hazard of any production activity;
– compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements in the field of environmental protection and radiation safety of the population, compliance with the norms of technological regulations in the conduct of production processes;
– continuous improvement of the level of environmental safety and reduction of environmental impact through the use of the best of existing and promising technologies;
– consistency in ensuring environmental safety and conducting environmental activities, taking into account the multifactorial aspects of safety at the local, regional, federal and global levels;
– readiness of management and personnel to prevent, localize and eliminate emergency situations;
– openness and accessibility of environmental information, interaction with the public in order to respect the right of every person to receive reliable information about the state of the environment;
– planning and implementation of measures to reduce the risk of possible emergencies and environmental pollution, ensuring the necessary level of readiness of forces and means to prevent and eliminate the consequences of accidents and emergencies;
– improvement of the level of industrial environmental control;
– compliance with safety requirements for the collection, storage and transportation of radioactive waste; implementation of accounting and control of radioactive waste in order to ensure their safety, prevent illegal circulation and unauthorized use;
– compliance with the norms and standards established for the release of radioactive and harmful chemicals into the atmosphere, the discharge of harmful chemicals with wastewater, compliance with the limits on the formation and disposal of production and consumption waste
– implementation of internal inspection control and audit on compliance with regulatory and regulatory environmental requirements;
– training and raising the level of knowledge of the institute’s employees in the field of ecology for their active participation in achieving environmental goals.
Control over ensuring nuclear and radiation safety is carried out by the Department of Nuclear Materials and Installations, Radiation and Nuclear Safety (NRSM).
Industrial environmental control at the enterprise is carried out in the following areas:
Control over the content of pollutants at emission sources
Control over the content of radionuclides at emission sources
Control over the content of radionuclides on the territory of industrial sites
Control over the content of radionuclides in the air on the territory of the sanitary protection zone (SPZ)
Control over the content of pollutants in industrial wastewater of the Institute
Control over the content of radionuclides in industrial wastewater of the institute
Monitoring the content of radionuclides in groundwater (10 wells were laid in 2011)
Monitoring the level of soil contamination with radioactive substances on the territory of the Institute and the SPZ
Control over pollution of snow and soil on the territory of industrial sites
Production and consumption waste:
Monitoring compliance with the standards established by the enterprise for the generation of production and consumption waste