Directions of scientific research:
- Processing of various types of liquid radioactive waste from nuclear fuel cycle enterprises of Rosatom and facilities of the Navy of the RF Ministry of Defense.
- Purification of natural and industrial wastewater from chemically toxic impurities.
- Dust and gas cleaning.
- Processing and conditioning of solid radioactive and non-radioactive industrial waste.
- Development and production of various types of absorbers and sorption materials.
- Water treatment and water treatment.
The department developed complex technologies for the processing of various types of liquid radioactive waste (LRW) of low and medium activity, which were used in the creation of stationary complexes at FSUE MP Zvezdochka, FSUE DVZ Zvezda and mobile installations for the neutralization of LRW of Rosatom enterprises, nuclear facilities Fleet of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, etc.
The department can offer its potential customers:
- Development of new effective absorbers and modern sorption technologies, as well as the creation of wastewater treatment plants, waste process solutions from nuclear fuel cycle enterprises and other industries, Navy facilities from highly toxic chlorine-, phosphorus-, sulfur-containing organic carcinogens and radionuclides.
- Development of technologies and creation of block-modular installations for purification and conditioning of process waters for thermal power plants.
- Development of technologies and equipment for softening, desalination, deoxygenation of CHP feed waters, as well as deep extraction of fluorides, chlorides, nitrates from waters;
- development of technologies and installations for conditioning natural (underground and near-surface) waters to drinking quality.
- Development of technologies and creation of installations for the purification of industrial gas emissions from ammonia, nitrogen and sulfur oxides, chlorine- and fluorine-containing gases.
The department has: a pilot plant for the production of composite inorganic sorbents on a carbon, aluminosilicate and titanium-zirconium base, a pilot plant for the production of composite ferrocyanide sorbents on a carbon, aluminosilicate or silicate porous carrier, an experimental plant for testing technology and determining sorption and operational characteristics various types of absorbers for drinking water production systems, industrial wastewater treatment and processing of various types of liquid radioactive waste.